Traditional or Tankless: Which Water Heater Is Right for Your St. Louis Home?
If you're in the market for a new water heater for your St. Louis home, you have two big choices: a traditional or a tankless water heater. Each installation offers its own pros and cons, and knowing what those pros and cons are is the key to picking a water heater that will provide the work you need for years to come.
- Installation is more affordable
- Your home probably already accommodates one
- Is much easier to replace and repair
- Drives your utility bills up more than a tankless unit does
- Lifespan is shorter compared to a tankless
- Takes up a significant amount of space
- Produces hot water on demand
- Significantly lowers your utility bills
- Lasts many years longer than a traditional unit does
- Is much more expensive to install than a traditional unit
- You may need to retrofit your home to accommodate it
- Maintenance costs are higher